Thursday 4 March 2010

Cards for Mother's Day

In between looking after my poorly children and trying to run a business I suddenly realised it was Mother's Day very soon.  I have vowed this year to either make my own cards or buy from Folksy.  Due to my limited time at the moment and a tummy bug working its way through my younger childrens school I will endeavour to find a lovely card to buy.  But I am fussy when it comes to cards. Not so much in the design as I know what I like, but I don't like fussy details and over the top decoration.  It's the messages in cards I find annoying as I like to write my own message or even a poem, but most Mother's Day cards on the high street are filled with 'Oh Mum you are so wonderful', 'Thank you for all your help' and worse gushings.  Now please don't think that I don't want to tell my mum how much I love her, because I do, it's just that I want to do it in my own words!  So I will hunt down a card that I like without a message inside....can this be done?? I'm sure it can and I will now share some of my favourite cards with you.


I love this card...hint hint!!



I love a cup of tea!


Inspired by vintage fabrics...perfect!


A gorgeous card.


Wow! This is so different, definately not what you'd find in WH Smiths!


Truly original.



These birds are really cute.


I love the combination of fabric on card.


A gorgeous bunch of pop up flowers.

I could list many more but I'm now off to decide which one to buy for my mum!

If you wanted to make your own card there are also some great supply shops on Folksy.

For a selection of ribbons try http://www.buttonsandbows.folksy.com/

For card embellishments try http://www.lilywhites.folksy.com/




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails