Friday 7 May 2010

Fabric Friday - Textiles in Jewellery

After a week of looking at sparkly colourful gems and their designers I am in a quandry as to how I can finish with a jewellery inspired Fabric Friday.  Off the top of my head I can't think of a designer who prints pictures of jewels on textiles, but please correct me if there is anybody!  My likely choices for such designs would be hinting towards Michael Miller or Alexander Henry, but I have planned to feature them soon.  So I think the best solution will be to look at textiles in jewellery design.  I have seen some gorgeous fabric covered beads over the past few months and I know bib necklaces have become a possible new item to accessorise your outfit but I am still not convinced about these. Can fabric be used in this design medium effectively?  Let's see.....
















I stand corrected, you can buy some great textile jewellery.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Beau said...

Wow I love the pants and paper brooch looks soo cute. I've done my first folksy friday today featuring the different uses of buttons. Come and see here http://beaubyme.blogspot.com/

Adien Crafts said...

I love the idea of fabric jewellery! They're all lovely but the brooch made me smile :-) Di x

TopCat76 said...

buttons and fabric and badges, oh my! Far too much gorgeousness, especially for someone like me that can't wear regular jewellery because of metal allergy! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Elliott said...

lovely beads, great pics for blog!

Zoe said...

Ooh I almost feel like I've been included in this post because I made the big pink and white button for Polka's heart brooch! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely comments.

Top Floor Treasures - Your buttons + my robbons + creative talent from Polka = perfect accessory.

Kellie said...

too hard to choose a favourite!!! well selected x

Kristopher K said...

Beautiful images - like TopCat76 I also have a metal allergy ... so love the idea of fabric jewellery - actually I love the idea of jewels printed onto textiles too ... oh the possibilities :)

Anonymous said...

I love fabric jewellery. You showcase some lovely designs here ... :0)

Shirl x

Related Posts with Thumbnails