Thursday 5 August 2010

Facebook for Business Part 2


Thankfully the response to my cry for help on the Folksy forums led to numerous responses and today I have another great post about using Facebook for business.  I want say a huge thanks to everyone who offered but I chose the first two to respond, but please feel free to add more ideas in the comments box at the end of this post.

I will now hand over to Jo of Unique Beaded Gems.

My jewellery business became full time in February after having been made redundant. I struggled with how I was going to get the word out about my business. I could do the traditional things like attend craft fairs, shows etc, hand out business cards at every opportunity but how was I to reach a larger audience? Then the idea came to me, Facebook!! Loads of my friends use it as a social network but a few people had also told me that they have business pages on their too so I decided to investigate.

It’s very easy to set up a page. All you have to do is visit someone elses business page and click on the link that says “Create a Page for My Business” - found at the bottom on the left.
You will then arrive at this page and here you need to choose the sort of page you want, mine is “local business”. Then enter a name for your page. I chose the same as my website and then click on “Create Official Page”

You are then taken to the next page where you need to enter all the details required. It is quite straightforward.

Once this is all done you can click onto “Wall” and here you are given the option to add different pages such as “Links”, “Discussions”, “Photos” etc - just click + and choose from the drop down list the ones that you want.

There is also an option to add a shop onto your business page but I think that is for another time!!

Since starting my page a few months ago I have just over 300 fans and have seen the visits to my website go up no end. I recently discovered “Link Love” and using this (just use the search box) rapidly increased the fan numbers quickly.

In order to make it work for you, you need to add regular posts e.g. products you are selling etc, respond to other peoples’ posts and find other pages that are relevant to what you do or where your potential customers are and post to them on a regular basis too! It is not easy and takes up quite a lot of time if you want to do it seriously but the benefits are worth it.  More importantly though, have fun with it and hope to see you there soon!

You can find me in a number of different places. I would welcome your feedback on my pages as well as my jewellery designs! Thanks.

Jo Walters

Unique Beaded Gems


Thank you Jo.


I hope you have all found these posts helpful and I would love for you all to share any hints and tips.

You can find Jo here -





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails