Tuesday 26 October 2010

How to create a Blog Shop

I promised a while ago to share with you how I created my blog shop.  It took alot of trial and error but i got there in the end!  So here we go I will try & explain how to do it.

  • Firstly create a static page. To do this you go to where you write a new post and click on Edit Pages. Here you can create a static page that can appear in a menu bar at the top of your blog, under your banner.
  • Once you have created you page make sure you have images of the items you want to list in your new shop.
  • Now you will need to create a Paypal account, if you don't already have one! If you do have a paypal account you will need to upgrade to a  business account if you only have a personal account.
  • I suggest putting the first photo and item description onto your blog page next.
  • Now go back to Paypal and log in to your account then click on Merchant Services.
  • Scroll down and click on Sell single items, to create a button.
  • You will want a 'Buy It Now' button.
  • Create your button with the requested info and then click 'Create Button' . This will take you to a new page with the HTML code for your button. Copy this code then return to your blog page.
  • Click on Edit HTML tab at top of box where you write a post. Now scroll down to the end of the HTML for your photo & item description and paste your code from Paypal.
  • Now click on 'Compose' tab (next to 'Edit HTML' tab) and scroll down to add your next photo & description.  Don't panic as it will seem the paypal button has put a table onto your page, but this will not be visable when you publish you page.
  • Continue to create buttons for all the items you want in your shop.
  • Once you have finished adding your items publish your post(page)
  • Now try clicking on one of the 'Buy It Now' buttons to check they work!!
Good luck and feel free to ask if you want some more help, just leave a comment or email me.

Oh and don't forget to stock up on ribbons for Christmas crafting in my SHOP!!!

8 comments:

Anthea said...

Thank you so much for this - i didn't even think it was possible!!!

Anthea x Forest Flower

twoforjoy design said...

Thank you so much!!! this is so so helpful :) I've just added my first item to my blog. It's really kind of you to share.

Emma

http://quiltsbagsgardens.blogspot.com/ said...

Good job! Very, very sleek and classy iterface.
Kathy
http://quiltsbagsgardens.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SquareBag

Debbie said...

Thanks... those are great instructions! I have just created a blog shop but have put my email address on for buyers to order by email, then I send them a money request - this is much better! I didn't know it was possible, so I have printed out your instructions and will follow them to put paypal buttons on my blog. Thanks again.
Heres my blog shop;
http://prettygoodsmarketplace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fab,it's brilliant! I like it, I have done something similar with my website too and it works a treat. Dianna

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the comments. I hope the instructions were clear, always a worry when you try to explain something!!

I've looked at the links left and your work is gorgeous. Debs your fabric stash is huge, I'm green with envy, although mine is getting close lol!!

Send me the links when you've created your shops I'd love to see them.

Thanks
Zoe
xx

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Thanks so much for sharing this information!!! It's fantastic! I came here via DianneJessie.

Take care,
Jane :D

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Ooops, I meant to say DiannaJessie - I'm having a bit of brain ache after all that! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails