Wednesday 9 May 2012

Review - Giant Dominoes

Well good afternoon, two posts in one day, now that's a bonus! With so much to feature this month as we celebrate London here on Zoe & Drew I also have some other posts to squeeze in too, so you may see a little more of me over the next few weeks.  I was recently very lucky to be sent a rather large set of dominoes from Not On The High Street seller Uber Games, that we have desperately been waiting for the rain to stop long enough to try out in the garden.  Well we finally got the chance after school the other day and Lucy, Amber and Kitty were very keen to play.  I remember playing dominoes as a child and think they make a great way to learn to count and for matching skills. 

Giant Dominoes £30


As summer approaches, yes I promise it will arrive eventually, I have been considering investing in some new garden games, although often a few blankets, quilts and cushions are sufficient for some den building with my girls.  However I really like the look of giant Jenga or crouquet or maybe a crazy golf set.  Kitty really wants a giant bowling set but sadly our garden is so wonky I doubt the ball would ever reach the pins!  Uber Games have a great selection of garden games that are perfect for some outdoor fun that even us grown ups will enjoy. 


Garden Chess £80


I would love to have a giant chess board in the garden, which I know Connor & Jack would also join in to play and of course this would be perfect for a garden party this summer. 

Giant Pick Up Sticks £30


I also rather like the giant pick up sticks but just know they would end up as spears or tent posts in the den building!


All the rain has been good for the grass seed we sowed last year! (the grass has since been cut).

As you can see the girls had lots of fun trying out the dominoes.  These are well made, bright and colourful, easy for small hands to pick up and lots of fun.  These dominoes pack away into a small rectangular holdall style bag that easily fits in the car so you can take them to grandmas, the park, the beach or on holiday. 

Do you love big games for the garden or like me fear they will actually become alternative items for imaginative games?!

Have a lovely afternoon,
Zoe
x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails